Nord-Lock Wheel Nut 7/8″ – 11 BSF, Grade 10, Delta Protekt (Each)
Nord-Lock wheel nuts, Safe wheels save lives
Each wheel nut is permanently attached to a pair of Nord-Lock washers. The washers have cam faces on one side and serrations on the other. When the wheel nut is tightened, the serrations on the lower washer are embedded into the mating surface.
As the cam angle “α” is greater than the thread pitch “β”, a wedge-effect is created, allowing movement only across the cam faces. Any rotation of the wheel nut is blocked by the wedge effect of the cams.
In an independent comparative test, Nord-Lock wheel nuts proved their outstanding performance compared to conventional wheel nuts*.
*Laboratory test by IMA Germany. Comparison in Junker vibration test DIN 65151.
Nord-Lock wheel nuts
The wheel nuts use Nord-Lock wedge-locking technology to secure wheels by maintaining a high clamp force, even under severe operating conditions. A tightened Nord-Lock wheel nut cannot loosen by itself. Nord-Lock wheel nuts are used on heavy on-road vehicles (buses, trucks, trailers, etc.) and off-road vehicles (tractors, farming equipment, mining equipment, forestry machinery, military vehicles, etc.).
– Prevents loosening caused by vibration and dynamic loads
– Quick and easy to install and remove with standard tools
– Improves driver productivity while reducing operating and service costs
– Minimizes risk of accidents and injury
– Suits flat faced steel rims and regular tools
– Reusable and durable
– Predictable preload thanks to defined and uniform friction conditions of the washers’ mating surfaces